- To clear the Android system cache
- Moto E2
- Moto E4
- Moto E4 Plus
- Moto E5 Play
- Moto G3
- Moto G4
- Moto G4 Play
- Moto G4 Plus
- Moto G5 Plus
- Moto G5S Plus
- Moto G6
- Moto G6 Play
- Moto X Pure Edition
- Moto Z
- Moto Z Play
- Nexus 5X
- Nexus 6
- Nexus 6P
- Turn off your phone and remove any charging cables
- Press and hold both the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time for 2-3 seconds until the Android System Recovery screen appears, then release both buttons
- When you see Start highlighted use the Volume Down button to scroll through the options to Recovery Mode and press the Power button to select it
- When you see the words No Command, press and hold the Power button and tap the Volume Up button
- Note: The phone will reboot if you wait too long to perform this step
- Use the Volume Down button to scroll to Wipe cache partition and press the Power button to select it
- Use the Volume Down button to scroll to Yes and press the Power button to select it
- When you see Reboot system now highlighted press the Power button to select it
Clearing the system cache can help to resolve issues and improve the performance of your phone by removing temporary files associated with the Android operating system.
This process will not delete your files or settings.
Cache Wipe can take some time. Please let it finish the cache wipe before attempting anything else.
If you see the Android lying down with a warning sign, that is a normal part of the No Command screen.
If you don't see your Motorola Phone here, please see How to Clear the Android System Cache on 1.0 and 2.0 PhonesIf you have a Moto X4 click HERE.
Article Created From