Prior to installing Republic Anywhere for Linux, please take note of the following:
- Republic Anywhere for Linux is a BETA version, but you don't have to be part of the initial Anywhere BETA in order to use the Linux app.
- Please ensure that the devices you are attempting to install it on meet the minimum system requirements.
- Our Republic Anywhere app for Linux is used by many on our development team and among our members. However, as the Linux app is considered a BETA, it's not supported in the same way as other versions of the app. If you experience issues, or want to ask for help, please post in the Anywhere BETA section of our Community.
- If you haven’t already, go to https://forums.republicwireless.com/groups/anywhere and click the “Join Group” button (sign in if prompted). Once you’ve joined the group, you can go to https://forums.republicwireless.com/c/discussions/anywhere to follow the BETA discussions.
Install Republic Anywhere on Linux
- Open a terminal and copy the following instructions. Press enter after each command
- sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [arch=amd64] https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.republicwireless.com/public/apps/anywhere/debian main main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/republicanywhere.list'
- Note: If you were part of the initial Anywhere BETA, replace "main main" in the source line above with "stable stable".
- wget -O - https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.republicwireless.com/public/apps/anywhere/debian/key/public | sudo apt-key add -
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install republicanywhere
- Anywhere is now installed. The application will be updated along with your other OS updates.