Install Republic Anywhere on Linux
- Linux Debian-based systems
- Republic Anywhere
Please see the Additional Notes section prior to attempting the install
- Open a terminal and copy the following instructions. Press enter after each command
- sudo sh -c 'echo "deb [arch=amd64] https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.republicwireless.com/public/apps/anywhere/debian main main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/republicanywhere.list'
- Note: If you were part of the initial Anywhere BETA, replace "main main" in the source line above with "stable stable".
- wget -O - https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.republicwireless.com/public/apps/anywhere/debian/key/public | sudo apt-key add -
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install republicanywhere
- Anywhere is now installed. The application will be updated along with your other OS updates.
- Republic Anywhere for Linux is a BETA version, but you don't have to be part of the initial Anywhere BETA in order to use the Linux app.
- Please ensure that the devices you are attempting to install it on meet the minimum system requirements.
- Our Republic Anywhere app for Linux is used by many on our development team and among our members. However, as the Linux app is considered a BETA, it's not supported in the same way as other versions of the app. If you experience issues, or want to ask for help, members help one another in our Community.