The following additional terms and conditions apply to Your use of Republic Wireless Anywhere. These Republic Wireless Anywhere Terms of Service expressly incorporate the Republic Wireless Terms and Conditions and constitute the entire agreement between You and Republic Wireless with respect to Your use of Republic Wireless Anywhere ("Additional Terms").
By Your electronic acceptance of these Additional Terms or by You installing, accessing, or using Republic Wireless Anywhere (referred to herein as "Republic Wireless Anywhere" or "Additional Services") You agree to the following Additional Terms:
LIMITATIONS ON 9-1-1 EMERGENCY SERVICES. Text messages to 9-1-1 emergency services may not always operate as expected with the Additional Services due to Your physical location at the time the text message to 9-1-1 is made. Additionally, if You are using the Additional Services on a device that is not enabled with a wireless service provider voice and texting plan, texting to 9-1-1 is not enabled or supported.
IF YOU NEED TO TEXT 9-1-1, YOU SHOULD MAKE AND SEND THE TEXT FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE AND NOT FROM ANOTHER DEVICE ON WHICH YOU HAVE INSTALLED REPUBLIC WIRELESS ANYWHERE. IF POSSIBLE, YOU SHOULD MAKE A VOICE CALL TO 9-1-1 USING YOUR MOBILE DEVICE.
Address Book. You provide us the phone numbers of Your other contacts in Your mobile phone address book on a regular basis. You confirm You are authorized to provide us such numbers to allow us to provide the Additional Services.
Age. You must be at least 13 years old to use the Additional Services (or such greater age required in Your country for You to be authorized to use the Additional Services without parental or guardian approval). In addition to being of the minimum required age to use the Additional Services under applicable law, if You are not old enough to have authority to agree to our Additional Terms, Your parent or guardian must agree to the Additional Terms on Your behalf.
Devices and Software. You must provide certain devices, software, and data connections to use the Additional Services, which we do not supply. For as long as You use the Additional Services, You consent to downloading and installing updates to the Additional Services, including automatically.
Our Terms and Policies. You must use the Additional Services according to the Additional Terms and posted policies. We may disable Your ability to access and use the Additional Services for a violation of the Additional Terms.
Legal and Acceptable Use. You must access and use the Additional Services only for legal, authorized, and acceptable purposes. You will not use (or assist others in using) the Additional Services in ways that: (a) violate, misappropriate, or infringe the rights of Republic Wireless, our members, or others, including privacy, publicity, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights; (b) are illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, intimidating, harassing, hateful, racially, or ethnically offensive, or instigate or encourage conduct that would be illegal, or otherwise inappropriate, including promoting violent crimes; (c) involve publishing falsehoods, misrepresentations, or misleading statements; (d) impersonate someone; (e) involve sending illegal or impermissible communications such as bulk messaging, auto-messaging, auto-dialing, and the like; (f) involve any non-personal use of our Services unless otherwise authorized by us; or (g) otherwise violate the Republic Wireless Services terms and conditions, including but not limited to, any AUP requirements.
Harm to Republic Wireless or Our Members. You must not (or assist others to) access, use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sublicense, transfer, display, perform, or otherwise exploit the Additional Services in impermissible or unauthorized manners, or in ways that burden, impair, or harm us, the Additional Services, systems, our users, or others, including that You must not directly or through automated means: (a) reverse engineer, alter, modify, create derivative works from, decompile, or extract code from the Additional Services; (b) send, store, or transmit computer viruses or other harmful computer code through or onto the Additional Services; (c) gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Additional Services or systems; (d) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Additional Services; (e) create accounts for the Additional Services through unauthorized or automated means; (f) collect the information of or about our members in any impermissible or unauthorized manner; (g) sell, resell, rent, or charge for the Additional Services; or (h) distribute or make the Additional Services available over a network where they could be used by multiple devices at the same time.
Keeping Your Account Secure. You are responsible for keeping Your devices and Your Republic Wireless Anywhere account safe and secure. Text messages sent to or from Your Republic Wireless telephone number will be accessible on any device You have installed Republic Wireless Anywhere. You understand and agree that You are responsible for the security of your information and will take sufficient security precautions to keep Your information private. When you access Republic Wireless Anywhere, You will need to log-in using Your Republic Wireless account name and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your Republic Wireless account name and password and for restricting access so that others cannot access Your Republic Wireless Anywhere account. You must notify us promptly of any unauthorized use or security breach of Your account or the Additional Services.
Third Party Services. The Additional Services may allow You to access, use, or interact with third-party websites, apps, content, and other products and services. When You use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern Your use of those services.
Your Rights. Republic Wireless does not claim ownership of the information that You submit for Your Republic Wireless Anywhere account or through the Additional Services. You must have the necessary rights to such information that You submit for Your Republic Wireless Anywhere account or through the Additional Services and the right to grant the rights and licenses in the Additional Terms.
Termination. We may modify, suspend, or terminate Your access to or use of the Additional Services anytime for any reason, such as if You violate the letter or spirit of the Additional Terms or create harm, risk, or possible legal exposure for us, our users, or others.
- The Republic Wireless Terms and Conditions of service and these Additional Terms make up the entire agreement between You and us regarding Republic Wireless and our Services and Additional Services, and supersede any prior agreements.
- We may ask You to agree to additional terms for certain of the Additional Services in the future, which will govern to the extent there is a conflict between the Additional Terms and such additional terms.
- The Additional Services are not intended for distribution to or use in any country where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another country. We reserve the right to limit the Additional Services in any country.
- You will comply with all applicable U.S. and non-U.S. export control and trade sanctions laws (“Export Laws”). You will not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export, provide, or otherwise transfer the Additional Services: (a) to any individual, entity, or country prohibited by Export Laws; (b) to anyone on U.S. or non-U.S. government restricted parties lists; or (c) for any purpose prohibited by Export Laws, including nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons, or missile technology applications without the required government authorizations. You will not use or download the Additional Services if You are located in a restricted country, if You are currently listed on any U.S. or non-U.S. restricted parties list, or for any purpose prohibited by Export Laws, and You will not disguise Your location through IP proxying or other methods.
- Any amendment to or waiver of the Additional Terms requires our express consent.
- We may amend or update these Additional Terms. We will provide You notice of amendments to our Additional Terms, as appropriate, and update the “Last Modified” date of the Additional Terms. Your continued use of the Additional Services confirms Your acceptance of the Additional Terms, as amended. If You do not agree to the Additional Terms, as amended, You must stop using the Additional Services. Please review the Additional Terms from time to time.
- All of our rights and obligations under the Additional Terms are freely assignable by us to any of our affiliates or in connection with a merger, acquisition, restructuring, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise, and we may transfer Your information to any of our affiliates, successor entities, or new owner.
- You will not transfer any of Your rights or obligations under the Additional Terms to anyone else without our prior written consent.
- Nothing in the Additional Terms will prevent us from complying with the law.
- Except as contemplated herein, the Additional Terms do not give any third-party beneficiary rights.
- If we fail to enforce any of the Additional Terms, it will not be considered a waiver.
- If any provision of these Additional Terms is deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the Additional Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted by us to You. In certain jurisdictions, You may have legal rights as a consumer, and the Additional Terms are not intended to limit such consumer legal rights that may not be waived by contract.
- We always appreciate Your feedback or other suggestions about Republic Wireless Anywhere and the Additional Services, but You understand that we may freely use Your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate You for them (just as You have no obligation to offer them).
Last Updated June 22, 2017