No longer supported for new activation
While still supported for service, the phone(s) described in this article can no longer be activated on My Choice or other legacy plans. Please see Phone Compatibility on 5.0 Plans for information on currently supported phones.
This article provides information regarding Republic Wireless My Choice (4.0) plans, pricing, and FAQs. Below you can also find instructions on how to transition to My Choice (4.0) plans, make plan changes, and how to add one-time data purchases.
- Note: This article is only applicable for Republic Wireless 3.0 phones.
Republic Wireless Plans 4.0: My Choice
Republic Wireless My Choice (4.0) plans are Republic Wireless' fourth generation of plans that offer flexibility to fit your needs and budget. They also offer nationwide cellular coverage via Sprint (CDMA) or T-Mobile (GSM).
- You can set a recurring monthly plan that best fits your cellular data usage needs.
- You can add additional cellular data at any time, from anywhere, whenever you need it.
- Connect other WiFi-enabled devices to your phone via Tethering.
- The base plan gives you unlimited talk and text for $15 (plus taxes and fees)
- Add 4G LTE cellular data to the base plan for just $5 per GB. This can be set up as a recurring monthly cost or add it as you need it as a one-time data purchase
Please click each of the dropdowns below for detailed information related to each topic.
The Republic Wireless Annual Payment Option is an exclusive feature of the My Choice (4.0) plan structure that gives you 2 months of free service when purchasing a full year upfront (12 months for the price of 10).
- All activated service lines are eligible for the annual payment option
- Only account owners can change a service line to the annual payment option
- You cannot make changes to the base plan during the twelve month period
- One-time data purchases can be added at anytime
- At the end of your prepay year, you will automatically be placed back on a monthly recurrence of the plan you were on during the prepay period if you chose to opt out of auto-renew
- You can cancel the annual payment option until the option goes into effect on your bill cycle date
- You will be billed on the next bill cycle date when transitioning to the annual payment option
- Taxes and fees are charged based on 12 months of service
- The Annual Payment Option is non-refundable if outside of the Money Back Guarantee
- Any existing discount will be applied to the annual payment option once it has taken effect
- If payment fails, then the order will be canceled and you will not be able to transition until the next bill cycle date
- The annual payment option will auto-renew after 12 months unless you opt-out of this by going to the Manage My Plan section of your account
- Note: Members who switched to the annual payment option prior to 1:00 PM ET on March 16, 2020 will not be automatically renewed
- The annual payment option will be billed and go into effect on your next bill cycle date
- The base plan and data amount you've currently selected will remain the same when you change to the annual payment option, for the full 12 months
- If you would like to change your monthly data amount before you change to the annual payment option, you may do so by changing your plan
- Note: If you're increasing the monthly data, this change will take effect immediately, but if you're decreasing the monthly data, which doesn't take effect until your next bill cycle date, you'll need to wait until your downgrade request is complete and then place your request to change to the annual payment option
- If you're currently on one of our previous plans, such as Republic Wireless DEFY (1.0) or Republic Refund (2.0) plans, and you want to change to the annual payment option, you will first need to change to a My Choice compatible phone and then place a request to change to the annual payment option
To switch to the Annual Payment Option, please follow the instructions in How to Switch to the Annual Payment Option
Your monthly plan can be changed easily from the Republic Wireless app, tablet, or computer. Before changing, please see the below information:
- Plan upgrades take effect within a couple of minutes and you will be charged the difference between your current plan and your new plan
- Plan downgrades will take effect on your next bill cycle date and you will only be charged for the plan you select
- You'll need to have access to a data connection, either a cell or WiFi network, when changing plans from your phone
- Only account owners can change plans
Cancel a Pending Plan Change
If you made a plan change by accident or change your mind, you may be able to cancel a pending plan change. See the information below for more details.
- Pending plan downgrades can be canceled, but pending plan upgrades cannot be canceled
- Pending plan downgrade requests may be canceled up until 11:59 PM EST the day before your bill cycle date
- Only account owners can change a plan or cancel a pending plan change
One-time data purchases are for when you need more data within your current bill cycle date. They will not change your monthly recurring data amount.
Please see the information below for more details:
- Available in 1 GB increments ($5 per GB)
- Take effect immediately
- Cannot be used after your next bill cycle date
- Can only be purchased by the account owner
- You'll need to have access to a data connection, either a cell or WiFi network, when adding one-time cell data purchases, even if you've run out of cell data
For more information about BYOP experience, please see How to Bring Your Own Phone to Republic Wireless (BYOP)