This article provides information regarding Republic Wireless 2.0 plans, pricing, and FAQs. This document also includes step-by-step tutorials on how to transition to 2.0 plans from 1.0 plans, make plan changes, and how to add one-time data purchases.
- Note: This article is only applicable to Republic Wireless 1.0 and 2.0 Phones.
Republic Wireless Refund (2.0) Plans
The Republic Refund (2.0) plan set is Republic Wireless' second-generation plan model that offers an account credit at the end of each billing cycle for any unused data. This credit goes towards your next service bill for the service line using this plan.
Key features of the Republic Refund plan:
- You can set a recurring monthly plan that best fits your cellular data usage needs.
- You can add additional cellular data at any time from anywhere, whenever you need it.
- Get paid back for the cellular data that you don't use with your Republic RefundTM
- Connect other WiFi-enabled devices to your phone via Tethering
- The WiFi-only plan gives you unlimited talk and text on WiFi for $5 per month (plus taxes and fees)
- The base plan gives you unlimited talk and text on WiFi and cell for $10 per month (plus taxes and fees)
- Add 4G LTE cellular data to the base plan for just $7.50 per 0.5 GB. This can be set up as a recurring monthly cost or add it as you need it as a one-time data purchase
Please click each of the dropdowns below for detailed information related to each topic.
Your monthly plan can be changed easily from the Republic Wireless app, tablet, or computer. Before changing, please see the below information:
- Plan changes do not go into effect until your next bill cycle date
- You'll need to have access to a data connection, either a cell or WiFi network, when changing plans from your phone (if you're currently on the WiFi-only plan, you'll need to be connected to WiFi to change plans)
- Only account owners can make plan changes
- To make plan changes for a user, please see How to Change the Plan for a User on Your Account on a 2.0 Phone.
Please see How to Change Your Plan for step-by-step instructions
Cancel a Pending Plan Change
If you made a plan change by accident or change your mind, you may be able to cancel a pending plan change. See the information below for more details.
- Pending plan change requests may be canceled up until 11:59 PM EST the day before your bill cycle date.
- Only account owners can make plan changes or cancel a pending plan change.
Please see How to Cancel a Pending Plan Change for the 2.0 Refund Plan for step-by-step instructions
One of the ways we've helped keep prices low with our Republic Wireless 1.0 Plan was cellular data management and staying WiFi-first. With that history, we've developed cellular data buckets, eligible for Republic Refund™ program, to help you purchase the cellular data you want, use what you need and get credit for what you don't. Dollar for dollar, fair is fair.
One-Time Cell Data Purchase:
- Available in .5 GB, 1 GB, 2 GB and 3 GB buckets.
- Take effect immediately.
- Cannot be used after your next bill cycle date.
- Are eligible for our Republic Refund™ program.
- You'll need to have access to a data connection, either a cell or WiFi network, when adding one-time cell data purchases, even if you've run out of cell data.
- Can only be purchased by an account owner.
- To purchase data for a user, please see How to Add Data for a User on a 2.0 Phone
Please see How to Add Data to a Republic Refund (2.0) Plan for step-by-step instructions
- Can I switch back to my original plan if I change my mind about the Republic Wireless Plans 2.0?
- No. The move from 1.0 to 2.0 is permanent.
- I have a DEFY XT and a Beta service plan, how does the Republic Wireless Plan 2.0 impact my service?
- If I buy a new phone, can I pick the Republic Wireless Plans 1.0?
- You can read over If I Upgrade to a 3.0 Phone Can I Keep My Same Plan? on more information.
- For our legacy phones, Moto E (1st and 2nd Gen), Moto G (1st and 3rd Gen), and Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen) the following plan options apply:
- All new service lines activated with a legacy phone will start on the Republic Wireless 2.0 plan.
- If you replace a phone that was on the Republic Wireless 1.0 Plan, you can activate your legacy phone with the same plan.
- If you are reactivating a legacy phone as a new line or starting a canceled line back up with a legacy phone, the Republic Wireless 2.0 plan will be applied.
- Will my current data usage migrate to the Republic Wireless Plans 2.0 or will I start fresh with zero data?
- Since you'll be transitioning on your normal bill cycle date, you will start fresh with zero data used.
- How do I find my past data usage?
- You can see how to find your past data usage by viewing How to View Data Usage in the Republic Wireless App on 1.0/2.0 Phones.
- Is Republic Wireless system data counted against my data usage?
- Please read over the article on White-listed Data to see what is counted toward your data usage.
- Can I still use roaming cellular data on the Republic Wireless Plans 2.0?
- Please see Which Republic Wireless Plans Allow Roaming Data? for more info
- How does 3G and 4G work with the Republic Wireless Plans 2.0?
- If you have a 4G LTE compatible phone, it will automatically connect to 4G LTE in available areas.
- Do you allow tethering?
- Yes, if certain system requirements are met. Please see our Tethering article for more info.
- What is this going to cost me?
- Republic Refund Plans start at $5 (Wifi Only). The $10 Base Plan gives you WiFi talk, text, and data and cellular talk and text. On top of the $10 Base Plan, you can purchase cellular data starting at $7.50 per ½ GB or $15 per 1 GB.
- How do I know if I bought enough cellular data?
- To get an idea of the amount of cellular data you should purchase, take a look at your past month's cellular data usage. To view data usage, please see How to View Data Usage in the Republic Wireless App on 1.0/2.0 Phones. If more data needs to be purchased, please see How to Add Data to a Republic Refund (2.0) Plan.
- What happens if I don’t use all my cellular data? Will I receive a credit or a refund for any unused cellular data?
- You will receive a credit on your account for any unused cellular data This will automatically be applied to your next month's bill. If you have an additional credit balance after we have applied your Republic Refund™ to your next month's bill, you will receive the remaining credit as a refund to the credit card we have on file. If the credit card we have on file for you has been changed or expired, we'll mail you a check.
- How is my Republic Refund™ calculated?
- Will my bill cycle date change if I switch to Republic Wireless Plans 2.0?
- The way that the Republic Wireless Plans 2.0 is structured, plan changes don't go into effect until your next bill cycle date, unless you are upgrading from the $5 plan. When you upgrade from the $5 plan to the Base Plan the change will take effect immediately. If you need more cellular data during your current bill cycle, you can add a one-time cellular data purchase of .5 GB, 1 GB, 2 GB or 3 GB.
- How are taxes calculated for the Republic Wireless Plans 2.0?
- You can find tax information here.
- If I have the 10% Beta discount, will I be able to keep that on the Republic Wireless Plans 2.0?
- Yes. Your 10% Beta discount will be applied to your monthly recurring charge and to one-time cellular data purchases as well.
- What is cellular data usage rounded to for purposes of Republic Refund™?
- We don’t round your cellular data up (or down) and you’ll be credited for every Byte you don’t use.
- Is Republic Wireless system data counted against my data usage?
- No. Republic Wireless system data isn’t counted against your cellular data usage.
- Do I have to be connected to WiFi if I need to purchase more cellular data?
- No. If you run out of cellular data and you need to add more, you can do so even if you’re not connected to WiFi.