No longer supported
The phone(s) described in this article can no longer be activated with Republic. Please see Republic Wireless Phones for information on currently supported phones.
This document is intended for Moto E (1st and 2nd Gen.), Moto G (1st Gen.), and Moto X (1st Gen.) users
Motorola Alert will let your friends and family know where you are and if you need assistance by:
- Automatically sending a notification to specified contacts when you’ve arrived at or left a specific location (or sending periodic updates on your location)
- Sending a text message to specified contacts if you want them to meet you somewhere.
- Quickly sounding an alarm or auto-dialing a set emergency number.
Set up Motorola Alert
1. Open the Motorola Alert app.
2. Tap Get started.
4. Select contacts to be alerted in an emergency by checking the box next to each contact. Enter a name to search. When you're done, tap Next.
5. Set an emergency contact number. When you're done, tap Next.
- Local emergency service number
Tap to add phone number.
- Emergency contact
Tap to choose a contact from your contacts list.
6. Choose emergency mode actions: Set to Auto-dial emergency number, Sound alarm, or Neither (you'll be able to change this from the app setting later). Tap Done.
7. Tap OK.
Under People, you can set your emergency contacts.
Under Places, you can set which locations are used by Motorola Alert when notifying your selected contacts that you've arrived or left.
To turn on this setting, swipe the toggle in the top right corner from Off to On.
To set a location for notifications:
Under Settings, you can edit how Emergency mode works by changing: