Reactivations are available for the Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen.), Moto G (1st and 3rd Gen.), Moto E (1st and 2nd Gen.) and all future Republic phones. The LG Optimus and Motorola DEFY XT cannot be reactivated.
There are no costs associated with reactivating an eligible Republic Wireless phone. However, you will be responsible for monthly service fees (plus taxes and surcharges) for the service plan you choose. Click here to check out our available plans.
- Limited Money Back Guarantee
When you reactivate an eligible Republic phone, you will not be eligible for the Money Back Guarantee on your phone. However, you are eligible for our 14 day money back guarantee on the monthly plan charge.
- Not Eligible for Warrantable Replacements
When you reactivate an eligible Republic phone, you will not be eligible for a certified pre-owned (B-stock/refurbished) phone typically covered in our Return and Replacement policy for the Moto E (1st or 2nd Gen.),Moto G (1st or 3rd Gen.), or Moto X (1st or 2nd Gen.) phones. Reactivated phones cannot be processed for these types of replacements.
- Phone Number
Once your Republic phone has been reactivated, you'll be assigned a new phone number (unless you're upgrading, then your number will transfer to your new phone).
- If you'd like to transfer a number from a different carrier, you can do so from the My Account portal. Check out our Number Transfer Guide for more info.
How to Reactivate
Eligible Republic phones can be reactivated on a brand new account or if you're a current Republic customer, you can choose to add a new service line to your account or upgrade an existing line. (If your Republic account was closed, you will need to create a new account to reactivate your phone.)
Reactivating a Moto X (1st or 2nd Gen.), Moto G (1st or 3rd Gen.), or Moto E (1st or 2nd Gen.):
Activation can be done right from your phone. You'll need to know which version of Android your phone is currently on if you'd like to follow step-by-step activation instructions.
To see which version of Android your phone is currently using, follow the below steps and then choose the appropriate Activate My Phone link for step-by-step instructions.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Under System, tap About phone.
- Under Android Version, you'll see the version number listed.
- Activate My Phone (KitKat Below 4.4.4) for phones that are below Android version 4.4.4.
- Activate My Phone (KitKat 4.4.4) for phones that are on Android version 4.4.4.
- Activate My Phone for phones that are on Android version 5.1.
Buying or Selling a Used Republic Phone
For tips on how to avoid fraud from third-party sellers and how to list your Republic phone for sale effectively, check out Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones.