We're backed by two of America’s largest 4G LTE networks, giving you access to cellular coverage across the country. Most Republic Wireless 3.0 phones can run on both our GSM and CDMA networks. However, due to hardware limitations, some of our phones will only work on our GSM network.
The following phones can be used on both our CDMA and GSM networks
- Moto G4 (XT1625)
- Moto G4 PLAY (XT1607)
- Moto G4 PLUS (XT1644)
- Moto G5 Plus (XT1687)
- Moto G5S Plus (XT1806)
- Moto G6 XT1925-6
- Moto G6 Play (XT1922-9)
- Moto G7 (XT1962-1)
- Moto G7 Power (XT1955-5)
- Moto G7 Play (XT1952-4)
- Moto X Pure Edition (XT1575)
- Moto X4 (XT1900-1)
- Moto E4 (XT1768)
- Moto E4 Plus (XT1775)
- Moto Z2 Play (XT1710-01)
- Moto Z3 Play (XT1929-4)
- Moto Z4 (XT1980-3)
- Nexus 5X by LG (LGH790)
- Nexus 6 by Motorola (XT1103)
- Nexus 6P by Huawei (H1511)
- Google Pixel (G-2PW4100)
- Google Pixel XL (G-2PW2100)
- Google Pixel 2 (G011A)
- Google Pixel 2 XL (G011C)
- Google Pixel 3 (G013A)
- Google Pixel 3 XL (G013C)
- Google Pixel 3a (G020G)
- Google Pixel 3a XL (G020C)
- Samsung Galaxy A10e (SM-A102U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A20 (SM-A205U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A50 (SM-A505U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930U)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935U)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (SM-N970U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (SM-N975U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973U1 )
- Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975U1)
The following phones can only be used on our GSM network
- Alcatel A30 (A576RW)
- Google Pixel 4 (G020I) - currently only GSM-compatible
- Google Pixel 4 XL (G020J) - currently only GSM-compatible
- Huawei Ascend 5W (H1623)
- LG K30
- Moto E5 Play (XT1921-2)
- Moto E6 - currently only GSM-compatible
- Moto Z (XT1650-03)
- Moto Z Play (XT1635-02)
- OnePlus 6T (A6013)
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J320A) (2016 version)
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J327U) (2017 version)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J727U)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J737U) (2018 version)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920T)2
At this time all SIM cards sold through our online store and other retailers for BYOP phones use our GSM network. For Republic members looking to upgrade to a 3.0 plan and bring your own phone, this means your coverage will be different from what it currently is. However, if after activating you are experiencing coverage issues and your phone is CDMA compatible, you can request a CDMA SIM card.
What do I do if I'm having issues with my coverage?
If you’re having issues with coverage, now or in the future, see Phone Has Poor Cellular Coverage/Unable to Use Data in My Area.
I currently have a Republic 1.0 or 2.0 phone; will my coverage change if I upgrade to a 3.0 phone?
If you purchase a phone from us, your coverage will be optimized based on your location and the phone you choose, but it may not necessarily be the same as it is currently.
Can Republic Wireless 3.0 phones toggle between your CDMA and GSM networks?
No, Republic Wireless 3.0 phones only work on one network at a time. You’ll be placed on the network that provides the best coverage and overall experience based on your area and the phone you purchase.
What network did older Republic phones use?
All of our Republic Beta, 1.0, and 2.0 phones used our CDMA network.