DEFY XT System Maintenance
We are scheduled to do system maintenance for the DEFY XT this week. Our blog, System Maintenance for Our DEFY XT Members, gives more context about the maintenance.
The system maintenance window was from Thursday, November 20, 2014 from 3:30am-9:00am EST.
Any additional info will be provided here after the maintenance window.
- Use the Republic Status page at https://status.republicwireless.com/ for real-time updates.
- You'll experience interruptions in service while calling, texting, and accessing voicemail during this time period. There will be no interruption to emergency calls.
- If you were unable to update your DEFY XT to Build Number 1_65K_1027, no worries - we've made other changes on the new infrastructure to make sure your device continues to operate AFTER the maintenance. For more info, check out Republic Health and Wellness.
- First, make sure you are connected to WiFi or have good cellular coverage.
- Next, you'll need to restart your phone - turn it off and then turn it back on. Once the phone reboots, the process should be complete.
- If you've set up a voicemail password, you'll need to set it up again. In the future, if your voicemail number is changed (for example, if you do a profile update or forward/unforward your voicemail), the new voicemail number to use is 214-664-9147. See Voicemail for Motorola DEFY XT for instructions.
For DEFY XT Users
This update includes improvements to device performance for Republic Wireless Motorola DEFY XT users currently using software version 1_65G_1027 or 1_65H_1027.
- All user data will be preserved through the update.
- The update will be available for download via WiFi only. Please remain connected to WiFi until the download is complete.
To check your software version,
Go to Menu > Settings > About phone > Build number.
After downloading and installing the software, you’ll notice the following improvements:
- E911 enhancements
Ability to place an E911 call over WiFi when no CDMA network access is available. Emergency calling capability over CDMA remains unchanged.
- SMS (text messaging) performance
Ability to transmit SMS over WiFi when no CDMA network access is available. SMS capability over CDMA remains unchanged.
Ability to manually add WiFi access points via the WiFi wizard.
- Call quality
Optimization and improvements to cellular calling.
Audio optimization while using speakerphone on a WiFi call.
- Android security patches
Latest Android security patches to improve your device security against malicious software.
Before installing the update, please make sure:
- Your phone battery is at least 50% charged.
- Your device is active and connected to WiFi.
If you have received a notification message for this update
After the software is downloaded, select Install now.
Your phone will restart automatically.
Your phone is now updated to version 1_65K_1027 software.
If you haven’t received a notification message for this update
- Select the Settings icon in the main menu.
- Select About phone.
- Select Phone updates.
- Select System updates.
- Select Download.
- After the software is downloaded, select Install.
- Your phone will restart automatically.
- Your phone is now updated to version 1_65K_1027 software.
You may need to update your voicemail phone number after the update is installed. Please see Voicemail for Motorola DEFY XT for instructions on how to correct your voicemail number.
Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Specific functionality and features with each software version of Android may vary. Contact your service provider for details.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. Android, Android Market and YouTube trademarks of Google, Inc. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Mobility Inc. All rights reserved.