This document provides information regarding how to change your existing Republic Wireless phone number, how much it costs, and who can request these types of changes. If you're looking for information on how to transfer your phone number from a different provider, please see Number Transfers.
Before You Change Your Number
- You can change your number two times for free per service line. Any subsequent changes will cost $10 (plus taxes and surcharges).
- You're not able to choose the last four digits of your phone number.
- In some cases, we may not have numbers available in your area code or exchange due to network availability
- Once you change your number, you won't be able to recover your previous number.
- You won't be able to request a number change if you already have one in progress. You'll have to wait until the first one completes before you can submit another one.
- Your account needs to be in good standing (current on all payments) to change your number.
- Only account owners can initiate number changes. If you'd like to change a secondary user's number, the account owner will need to do so. Please see My Account for more info.
Change Your Number
For all Republic Wireless phones
- To change your number from the Account Portal, please see How to Change Your Phone Number Through Your Account Portal
For Republic Wireless 1.0 and 2.0 phones only
- To change your number from the Republic Wireless app, please see How to Change Your Phone Number from the Republic Wireless App.