This document is intended for Moto E (1st Gen.), Moto G (1st Gen.), and Moto X (1st Gen.) users
If your phone is currently running on Lollipop, you can find the instructions for customizing your home screen here: Customize Your Home Screen (Lollipop)
Change your wallpaper
You can choose from Live (animated) wallpapers, standard wallpapers, or pictures from your Gallery.
- Press and hold on any blank space on your Home screen.
- Tap Gallery, Live Wallpapers, Photos, or Wallpapers.
- Tap the picture you’d like to use.
- Tap Set wallpaper.
Add a widget
- Tap Apps.
- Tap the Widgets tab at the top of the screen.
- Press and hold the widget you'd like to add until it vibrates.
- Drag the widget to the desired location on the home screen.
Tip: Press and hold a widget to move it.
Remove a widget
Remove a widget by pressing and holding it until it vibrates. Then, drag it to Remove at the top of the screen.
Resize a widget
To resize a widget, press until the perimeter is highlighted and drag a corner to resize. Some widgets are not resizable.
View items in a widget
To see more items on a scrollable widget, drag up or down. Tap an item to open in the app. To see more items in a photo widget, flick up or down to scan through items in the stack. Tap an item to open it.
Add a shortcut
The shortcuts available depend on the applications you've installed.
- Tap Apps.
- Press and hold an app icon until it vibrates.
- Drag the app shortcut to the desired location on the home screen.
Tip: Press and hold a shortcut to move it.
Remove a shortcut
Remove a shortcut by pressing and holding it until it vibrates. Then, drag it to Remove at the top of the screen.
Add a folder
- Press and hold an app icon until you feel a vibration.
- Drag the app icon to your home screen.
- Drag another app and place it over top of the other one.
- Repeat with any other app icons you want to place in the same folder.
Name a folder
- Tap the icon grouping.
- Tap Unnamed Folder.
- Type in a new folder name.
- Tap Done.