No longer supported
The phone(s) described in this article can no longer be activated with Republic. Please see Republic Wireless Phones for information on currently supported phones.
This document provides instructions on how to clear your cache for all of your installed apps and the Android system cache. Clearing your cache on a regular basis is a good housekeeping tip for your phone. It helps to keep your phone running in tip-top shape.
Clearing your cache will remove temporary files from your phone, but will not delete your files or settings. This process may take several minutes to complete.
|This document is intended for Moto E (1st Gen.) users.
If your phone is currently running Lollipop, you can find the directions for clearing your phone's cache here: Clearing the Cache (Lollipop)
To Clear the Cache of All Installed Apps
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Cached data.
- Tap OK.
To Clear the Android System Cache
- Turn off your phone and remove any charging cables.
- With the phone off, press and hold both the VOL DOWN and POWER buttons for 2-3 seconds, then release both buttons.
- The phone will display different boot options. Use VOL DOWN to scroll to Recovery and press the VOL UP key to select. Note: If you wait too long to make a selection, the phone will reboot and you'll need to start the process again.
- The phone will display the Motorola logo, then the Android figure lying down with an exclamation point with the words No Command underneath. Press and hold the VOL UP button for 10-15 seconds. While still holding VOL UP, tap and release the POWER button.
- The phone will display additional menu options, with text in blue. Use the VOL DOWN button to scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and press the POWER button to select it. Tip: If you're stuck on this step, you can force your phone to reboot by pressing the POWER and VOL DOWN buttons to restart the process.
- Your phone will perform the wipe and reboot normally.