Learn how to transfer a number to Republic Wireless by following the provided step-by-step instructions, including what to do before, during, and after a number transfer request is submitted.
Before Submitting Your Request
Don't cancel your other service.
Your service line with your other provider has to remain active while the transfer takes place. If you cancel your service beforehand, it could result in a loss of your phone number. Once your number is with Republic, then you can confirm cancellation with your old provider.
Make sure you have ordered a Republic 5.0 plan.
Number transfer requests can only be submitted as part of activation.
Submitting Your Number Transfer Request
A number transfer request can only be submitted at activation by the account owner.
Before proceeding, be sure that you have the following information from your other provider:
- The phone number you want to transfer
- Your account number
- Your port-out PIN
- Your billing address
- Go to the activation page and sign in
- Review the process for activation and click Get Started
- Select or input the ICC ID associated with the SIM that you are inserting into the phone you are activating and click Continue
- Click Keep my Number
- Enter the phone number (without any dashes or spaces) that you’d like to transfer
- Click Previous carrier and select your other carrier. If you don’t see your other carrier listed, select Other at the bottom of the list.
- Enter your other carrier's Account Number (without any dashes or spaces) and Port-out PIN
- Enter the name and billing address that’s listed on your account with your previous carrier
- Review the information you’ve entered and ensure that it’s correct. Any errors may cause a delay in your request. Click Continue
- If applicable, repeat the process for your second line
- Review everything and click Submit Activation
Please note: Most transfers occur quickly, but in very rare cases can take several days
Wanting to move your number from one Republic Wireless phone to another?
You don't need to use the number transfer request process to move your current Republic Wireless number to another Republic Wireless phone. Luckily, there are other ways to do this.
As of 12/14/21 it is no longer possible to transfer a number from another provider to a legacy (including My Choice) service line. Number transfers can only be completed during activation.