- Change which phone you're using and keep your existing number
- All Republic Wireless 3.0 phones
- Republic My Choice (4.0) plans
If you’d like to upgrade or replace your current Republic Wireless phone with another Republic Wireless phone and keep your same number, follow the instructions below.
- Ensure that your current SIM card is a GSM My Choice SIM. See: Is My Republic Wireless SIM Card CDMA or GSM? CDMA SIMs cannot be moved to a different phone.
- Purchase a legacy 3.0 supported phone from a third party
Note: Phones purchased from our online store will activate with our 5.0 plans only.
- Disable Chat Features on your old phone
- Install the Republic Wireless app on your new phone
- Remove the SIM from your old phone and insert it into your new phone
- Open the Republic app and follow the prompts.
- If you're replacing a 3.0 phone on the CDMA network, you will need to upgrade to a new Republic 5.0 Plan.
- If you'd like to transfer your Republic Wireless number to another service provider, please read How to Transfer Your Number from Republic Wireless