If you’re new to Republic Wireless and want to keep your current number from another service provider, please read How to Transfer Your Number to Republic Wireless.
If you’d like to upgrade or replace your current Republic Wireless phone with another Republic Wireless phone and keep your same number, follow the instructions below.
- Purchase one of our supported phones.
- Follow the instructions in How to Activate Your Phone. During the activation process, after signing in with your existing Republic Wireless account, you’ll be given the option to move your current number to the new phone.
- Once the activation has finished, your new phone will be activated with the existing number that you chose. Your old phone will be automatically deactivated.
Please note: If you're moving your number from a phone that is on one of our My Choice plans, the SIM card in the phone that you're moving your number from will be deactivated. It can be reactivated within 20 days. Once the SIM card has been deactivated for more than 20 days, the phone can only be reactivated with a new SIM card.
- If you're replacing a 3.0 phone on the CDMA network with a Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) please read How to Replace a CDMA 3.0 Phone with a BYOP Phone
- If you'd like to transfer your Republic Wireless number to another service provider, please read How to Transfer Your Number from Republic Wireless