How to Change Phones and Keep Your Number (My Choice 4.0 Plans)


  • Change which phone you're using and keep your existing number



Existing Members

If you’d like to upgrade or replace your current Republic Wireless phone with another Republic Wireless phone and keep your same number, follow the instructions below.

  1. Ensure that your current SIM card is a GSM My Choice SIM. See: Is My Republic Wireless SIM Card CDMA or GSM? CDMA SIMs cannot be moved to a different phone.
  2. Purchase a legacy 3.0 supported phone from a third party
    Note: Phones purchased from our online store will activate with our 5.0 plans only.
  3. Disable Chat Features on your old phone
  4. Install the Republic Wireless app on your new phone
  5. Remove the SIM from your old phone and insert it into your new phone
  6. Open the Republic app and follow the prompts.

Additional Notes