Before you transfer your number out, did you know?
If you're experiencing coverage or service-related issues, we may be able to help. To let our dedicated team of technicians evaluate the issues you're experiencing, please call our support team at 1-866-550-9843. We'd love to have you stay with Republic Wireless.
- Transfer your number from Republic Wireless
- Transferring a number from Republic Wireless to another provider
Please do not cancel your Republic Wireless service. Your existing Republic Wireless line will automatically cancel once the number is ported to your new provider.
- Contact the new provider to let them know you want to transfer your number from Republic Wireless
- Provide the following information to your new provider:
- Your Account Number: Each phone number has its own account number. You can find your account number online by logging into the My Account portal, selecting Manage Line for the line you want to transfer, then Transfer My Number Out
- Your Port Out PIN: Your Port Out PIN is specific to each phone number on your account. For access to your PIN, please call our Republic Care team at 866-550-9843.
- If the first attempt to transfer your number is unsuccessful, you’ll need to reach out to your new provider and ensure all of your details are correct. Your new provider will resubmit the request with your updated information.
- After the confirmation date of transfer has passed there is a 72-hour window before your number transfer will complete. During this window, your phone can work with both carriers. Please do not attempt to cancel your Republic Wireless account during this window as it will affect the routing of your phone number.
- Often, the confirmation date or time differs from the time you submitted the request. The 72-hour window is from the confirmation, not the request. If you do not know the date and time of the confirmation, please reach out to your new provider.
- Once your number has been successfully transferred to your new provider, most of the time that will automatically trigger the cancellation of your Republic Wireless Service Line(s). Please keep an eye on your Republic Account, and if it has not automatically been canceled, please call our Republic Care team at 866-550-9843.
- Republic Wireless numbers are considered Voice over Interner Protocol (VoIP) numbers and not wireless numbers. Some providers may not allow transfers from VoIP to wireless.
- Your new provider will be responsible for submitting your transfer request.
- If a user is assigned to the phone, the user must either set up their own PIN or the owner must remove the user from the phone. How to Un-Assign (Remove) a User
- If your new carrier tells you that Republic Wireless needs to release the number, ask them for the Firm Order Commitment (FOC) date for the number transfer. They should either have a FOC date or an error message. You may need to escalate with the new carrier to get the answer to this, but they should provide it.
- Voicemail does not transfer with the number. How to Save a Voicemail Message.