- Transfer your number from Republic Wireless
- Transferring a number from Republic Wireless to another provider
- Contact the new provider to let them know you want to transfer your number from Republic Wireless
- Provide the following information to your new provider:
- Your Account Number: This is your Republic Wireless 10 digit phone number
- Your PIN: This is your account PIN, specific to each phone number on your account. To update your PIN, please see How to Update Your Account PIN
- If the first attempt to transfer your number is unsuccessful, you'll need to update the PIN for the service line being transferred and submit a new transfer request through your new provider
- After confirmation date of transfer has passed there is a 72-hour window before your number transfer will complete. Do know during this window your phone can work with both carriers. Please do not attempt to cancel your Republic Wireless account during this window as it will affect the routing of your phone number.
- Once your number has been transferred to a different provider, your Republic Wireless service line will automatically be canceled and your account will be closed if no other service lines are active on the account.
- Republic Wireless numbers are considered VoIP numbers and not wireless numbers. Some providers may not allow transfers from VoIP to wireless.