No longer supported for new activation
While still supported for service, the phone(s) described in this article can no longer be activated on My Choice or other legacy plans. Please see Phone Compatibility on 5.0 Plans for information on currently supported phones.
For 5.0 plans, see: Phone Compatibility on 5.0 Plans
For My Choice and older plans, please select which type of phones you'd like to know more about:
Republic Wireless 3.0 Phones
We are no longer offering the My Choice plan for activation.
- If you are replacing a phone that currently has an activated My Choice GSM SIM card, you can replace the phone with another phone from the list below by moving the SIM card to the compatible replacement phone.
- When replacing a phone with a My Choice CDMA SIM card, you must upgrade to our 5.0 plan as we are no longer able to activate CDMA SIM cards and they cannot be moved from phone to phone.
- When replacing a phone with a My Choice SIM card that has been canceled or deactivated, you must upgrade to our 5.0 plan.
See: How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA
Note: Phones currently sold in our online store are locked to our 5.0 plan and will not work with the My Choice plan.
The following phones work with Republic Wireless My Choice (4.0) plans and can be used as replacement phones only when the phone being replaced is currently activated with a My Choice GSM SIM card that can be moved to the replacement phone.
Only the specific model numbers listed, North American Factory Unlocked versions, and if applicable the associated build numbers listed below are compatible with our service. If you are bringing a phone from, or have purchased a phone through, another carrier (Verizon, AT&T, etc) it will not be compatible with our service. If a phone has another company's brand associated with it (Verizon, AT&T, etc) it is not officially supported, even if the model number below matches and even if the carrier-branded phone has been unlocked.
- Alcatel A30 (A576RW)
- Alcatel A30 (5046G)
- Google Pixel (G-2PW4100)
- Google Pixel XL (G-2PW2100)
- Google Pixel 2 (G011A)
- Google Pixel 2 XL (G011C)
- Google Pixel 3 (G013A)
- Google Pixel 3 XL (G013C)
- Google Pixel 3a (G020G)
- Google Pixel 3a XL (G020C)
- Google Pixel 4 (G020I)
- Google Pixel 4 XL (G020J)
- Google Pixel 4a (G025J)
- Google Pixel 4a 5G (G025E)
- Google Pixel 5 (GD1YQ)
Huawei Ascend 5W (H1623)This phone no longer supported for activation as of 8/12/21
- LG K30 (LMX410ULMG) (2018 version)
- LG Stylo 5 (LM-Q720QMCCABK)
- moto e (XT2052-1)1
- Moto E4 (XT1768)1
- Moto E4 Plus (XT1775)1
- Moto E5 Play (XT1921-2)1
- Moto E6 (XT2005-5)1
- Moto Edge (XT2063-2)
- moto g fast (XT2045-3)1
- moto g power (XT2041-4)1
- moto g power (2021) (XT2117-4)1
- moto g stylus (2020) (XT2043-4)1
- moto g stylus (2021) (XT2115-1)1
- Moto G4 (XT1625)1
- Moto G4 PLAY (XT1607)1
- Moto G4 PLUS (XT1644)1
- Moto G5 Plus (XT1687)1
- Moto G5S Plus (XT1806)1
- Moto G6 (XT1925-6)1
- Moto G6 Play (XT1922-9)1
- Moto G7 (XT1962-1)1
- Moto G7 Play (XT1952-4)1
- moto g play (2021) (XT2093-4)1
- Moto G7 Power (XT1955-5)1
- moto one 5G ace (XT2113-2)1
- Moto X Pure Edition (XT1575)1
- Moto X4 (XT1900-1)1
- Moto Z (XT1650-03)1
- Moto Z Play (XT1635-02)1
- Moto Z2 Play (XT1710-01)1
- Moto Z3 Play (XT1929-4)1
- Moto Z4 (XT1980-3)1
- Nexus 5X by LG (LGH790)
- Nexus 6 by Motorola (XT1103)
- Nexus 6P by Huawei (H1511)
- OnePlus 6T (A6013)
- OnePlus 7T (HD1905)
- OnePlus 8 (IN2015)
- Samsung Galaxy A02s (SM-A025U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A6 (SM-A600U)
- Samsung Galaxy A10e (SM-A102U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A11 (SM-A115U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A12 (SM-A125U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A20 (SM-A205U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A21 (SM-A215U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A32 5G (SM-A326U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A42 5G (SM-A426U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A50 (SM-A505U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A51 (SM-A515U1)
- Samsung Galaxy A52 (SM-A526U1)
Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J320A) (2016 version)This phone no longer supported for activation as of 8/12/21
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J327U) (2017 version)
- Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J337U) (2018 version)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J727U) (2017 version)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J737U) (2018 version)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (SM-N970U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (SM-N975U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (SM-N981U1)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (SM-N986U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920T)2
- Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930U)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935U)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 (SM-G981U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (SM-G781U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ (SM-G986U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (SM-G988U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 (SM-G991U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ (SM-G996U1)
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (SM-G998U1)
1BYOP Motorola phones will need to be North American factory unlocked, and on software channel RETUS, North America Retail, AMZ, or FI to be compatible with Republic Wireless. Any other software channel cannot be activated or used. Please note that factory unlocked is not the same thing as an unlocked carrier-branded phone and carrier-branded models are not compatible.
Please note: Phones purchased through Software Channel CC (Consumer Cellular) are not compatible with Republic Wireless.
For the Samsung Galaxy J3
Please note: The AT&T branded version of this phone is not compatible with our service.
For the Samsung Galaxy S6
Please note: The T-Mobile branded version of this phone is not compatible with our service.
Republic Wireless 1.0 and 2.0 Phones
As of 9/29/21, only currently active 1.0 and 2.0 phones are supported. Once deactivated, these phones can't be reactivated.
Only the Republic Wireless version of the following phones will work with Republic Refund (2.0) and Republic 1.0 Plans*.
- Moto E1 (XT1019)
- Moto E2 (XT1526)
- Moto G1 (XT1031)
- Moto G3 (XT1548)
- Moto X1 (XT1049)
- Moto X2 (XT1094)
Please note: Phones supported on our My Choice plans can't be activated on our Republic Refund or Republic 1.0 plans.
*These phones are no longer available through our online store.
Republic Wireless DEFY Phones
The Republic Wireless versions of the Motorola DEFY XT (557) and DEFY XT (557D) are the only phones that are supported on the Republic DEFY plan.* The LG Optimus S is no longer supported.
*Only currently active DEFY XT's are supported. Once deactivated, these phones can't be reactivated.