Your phone will automatically guide you through a set of initial setup steps the first time you turn it on. During these initial setup steps, you’ll be walked through connecting to a WiFi network, creating or signing into your Google account, and configuring other settings on your phone.
Once you’ve completed the initial setup and are on the phone's home screen, follow the instructions below to activate your phone on the Republic Wireless network.
Note: If you have a Moto E (1st and 2nd Gen.), Moto G (1st and 3rd Gen.), and Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen.), see Activate a Phone on Our Republic Refund (2.0) plans.
- Not sure if you have one of these Motorola models? Please see How to Locate the Model of 1.0 and 2.0 Republic Wireless Phones.
Activate a Phone on Our My Choice (4.0) Plans
If you’re activating a phone on our My Choice (4.0) plans, follow the steps below after you complete the initial setup. For a visual tutorial of activation, please go to our Activate page.
- Turn off your phone
- Install your SIM card (in some cases, a SIM card may already be installed)
- Turn your phone on
- Ensure that your phone is connected to a WiFi network
- Tap Play Store from the app drawer
- Search for Republic Wireless
- Tap the Republic Wireless app
- Tap Install or Update
- Once the installation or update finishes, tap Open
- Wait for the activation screen to appear - this may take up to 30 seconds
- Tap Get Activated Now
- Enter the e-mail address associated with your Republic Wireless account
- If you are a new member, please enter the e-mail address you wish to have associated with Republic Wireless. If you recently ordered a phone or SIM card from Republic Wireless, please use the e-mail address associated with that order.
- If you are an existing member and you enter an incorrect e-mail address, you will be prompted to create a new account. If this happens, please return to the previous screen and enter the e-mail address associated with your account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your activation
- If you are a new member, you’ll be able to create a Republic Wireless account during the activation process and select your plan. Once the activation is complete, you can choose to transfer a number to Republic Wireless.
- If you are an existing member, you’ll be able to choose your plan and whether you’d like to move your current number to your new phone, or if you’d like to add a new number.
- During activation, you may be asked to install a new messaging app called Republic Anywhere. This is because only certain messaging apps work with our service. If you receive this message, follow the on-screen steps to download and set the app as your default messaging application.
- You will also be asked to grant the Republic Wireless app certain permissions. In order for our service to work on your phone, the app needs you to allow it to perform certain actions.
Activate a Phone on Our Republic Refund (2.0) Plans
|This section applies to Moto E (1st and 2nd Gen.), Moto G (1st and 3rd Gen.), and Moto X (1st and 2nd Gen.) phones only.|
If you’re activating a phone on our Republic Refund (2.0) plans, you’ll need to go through two activation processes, Phone Activation and Cell Configuration, following the initial setup. Follow the instructions below for each process.
Once you’ve completed the Phone Activation, you’ll receive a notification that cell configuration is required. If you don’t see this notification, restart your phone and the notification should appear. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the configuration.
If you run in to any issues activating your phone, please see our Troubleshooting Guide.